How I fixed my WordPress missing “updated” and “author” fields

I submitted my wordpress site to the Google Search Console and found I had structured data problems such as missing “updated” and “author” fields. I spent several weeks figuring out how to fix these problems and also how to improve my SEO and get Google to index my website, The attached pdf has all the gory details.

In this jan-2016 update, I also documented my use of plugins to

  1. create a sitemap and
  2. add JSON-LD script in the Header of each article

I am posting this in the hopes of helping other WordPress users like myself. If it helps you, please blog or link to this page.

how i fixed my SEO problem jan-2016