Okay, you met this really nice, attractive, athletic, tries hard, never gives up, gets sweaty, male or female on the pitch. You both love soccer. Or, you already have your significant soccer soulmate and Valentine’s Day is coming up.
What can you watch that will, well, bring you both a little closer together in or out of street clothes or a kit?
Soccer Movies to Watch on Date Night
Listed in alphabetical order, one of these movies should get you both in the mood and open for connections. Hopefully at the same time and with each other!
- Bend it Like Beckham – if you are a potential multi-racial couple
- Bossa Nova – if you’re both over 50 and/or like Amy Irving
- Guys and Balls – if you are light-hearted gay males
- Romeo and Juliet Get Married – if you are ardent supporters of rival teams
- She’s the Man – if you like Channing Tatum or Amanda Bynes
- Sommeren ’92 – just a wonderful story with good soccer and only one implied sex scene
Note: I wrote this for Valentine’s Day 2017, and I am sad to say that I haven’t found any more soccer romances since then. So this last is still current for 2018.